Calgary Transportation and Restaurant Information
The information provided here is intended to serve as a convenience for conference attendees. Inclusion of businesses, merchants, or service providers herein should not be construed as an endorsement by conference organizers.
- Campus Map Showing Key Venues
- Walking from Conference Hotels to MacEwan Hall
- Taking Public Transit from Conference Hotels Aloft, Best Western, & Holiday Inn
- Short drive (10 minutes or less) from campus
Keg Steakhouse and Bar, Stadium Shopping Centre Location, 1923 Uxbridge Drive NW, 403-282-0020, https://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
Notable, 4611 Bowness Road NW, 403 288 4372, https://notabletherestaurant.ca/
- Calgary’s Best Restaurants 2018, by Avenue Magazine
- Fine Dining: Exquisite Calgary Restaurants, by Tourism Calgary
- Ride-sharing Apps: require access to Wi-Fi or cellular data. If you have a different phone number while traveling, use the app to update your mobile number. Note that Lyft is NOT available in Calgary.
- TappCar, https://www.tappcar.com/
- From the airport: A taxi stand can be found immediately outside of the Arrivals area (follow the signs for “ground transportation”). The cost from the airport to the University campus is approximately $40. It takes around 35-45 minutes depending on traffic.
- Order a taxi by calling 403-299-1111
- Public Transit, http://www.calgarytransit.com
- From the airport: The Calgary airport is served by public buses that can then connect you to Calgary’s Light Rail system called “C-Train.” There is a C-Train station at the University of Calgary called University Station (see Taking Public Transit map). When transferring from the bus to the C-Train, make sure you are on the train heading North Bound towards Tuscany Station. Visit the Calgary Transit webpage (http://www.calgarytransit.com) for bus routes and fare information. Before you get off the bus, be sure to get a ‘transfer’ from the bus driver which will allow you to use Calgary Transit for 90 minutes without having to pay another fare.
- Online trip-planning service can be accessed through this link.
- Calgary Transit offers bus or C-Train (LRT) service to most areas in the city. Standard fare is $3.15, and your ticket or transfer is valid for 90 minutes for traveling in any direction. You will always need coins (exact fare) to enter a bus or to purchase a C-train ticket from a vending machine at a station. Do not forget to ask the bus driver for a transfer. The C-train fare system is an honour system whereby customers are expected to have proof of payment with them at all times while riding the C-Train or in designated fare restricted areas. The C-Train is free downtown – simply hop on at any stop along 7th Avenue. As long as you get off the train before leaving downtown, no fare is required.